The Sixth Annual Long Island Yarn Crawl
March 5-8, 2020
Over the course of four days yarn crafters – knitters, crocheters, weavers and spinners – are invited to participate in this self-guided tour of ten Long Island yarn shops, which will have extended hours and special activities throughout the weekend. It is a great way for crafters to explore what our local fiber community has to offer and meet other local yarn enthusiasts.
Participants are invited to either pick up their Long Island Yarn Crawl Passport from a participating store or download it here, and have it stamped as they “crawl” from shop to shop. Crawlers who collect stamps from all 10 stores will be entered to win amazing prizes. Participants who drop off a passport with fewer than 10 stamps will be entered to win a separate drawing. Prizes will be announced as the yarn crawl approaches!
Special edition Long Island Yarn Crawl bags can be purchased at participating shops, or are available as a free gift with a $40 minimum purchase (while supplies last). Each store has specials planned and will have drawings for door prizes during the crawl. Details will be made available closer to the Yarn Crawl weekend.
The 2020 Yarn Crawl featured shops from all over Nassau & Suffolk counties:
NOTE: Shop hours can be extended for yarn crawl weekend. Be sure to check hours on the shop page.
- Altman’s Needlearts – Mattituck – spotlight & specials
- Black Sheep Knitworks – East Hampton – spotlight & specials
- Knit – Roslyn – spotlight & specials
- The Knitted Purl – Oyster Bay – spotlight & specials
- Knitting Cove & Yarn Shop – Port Jefferson – shop spotlight & specials
- The Knitting Garden – Huntington – spotlight & specials
- The Knitting Place – Port Washington – spotlight & specials
- The Knitting Store – Oceanside – spotlight & specials
- Long Island Yarn & Farm – Yaphank – spotlight & specials
- Sew What’s New & Yarn Too! – Islip – spotlight & specials
Special thanks goes out to Long Island’s only yarn distributor Knitting Fever for helping make this event happen as our Platinum sponsor.
Also, as part of the weekend event we are encouraging participants to give back to the community by knitting or crocheting hats and blankets for preemies which will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House Long Island. More details can be found here.
We hope that yarn crafters of all backgrounds will explore Long Island’s rich fiber community during the yarn crawl weekend and make connections with fellow crafters. The different offerings and events at each shop are sure to provide crafting inspiration and ideas to all. It will be a wonderful Long Island celebration for yarn enthusiasts and sure to be an event to remember!
We’re looking forward to seeing you all!
Any questions, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org