Long Island Livestock, our only farm included in the crawl this year has special events planned throughout the weekend. Come by the farm at 125 Gerard Road in Yaphank to see their yarns, roving, and animals, but don’t forget your boots. – Facebook
Long Island Livestock Company is a 17 acre homestead committed to the wellbeing of camelids and other fibered livestock, providing the most diverse local resource of natural fibers right here on Long Island! Along with our own exclusive line of yarns, patterns, notions and accessories we can give you the unique opportunity to meet and learn about where all of this fiber comes from. I am a professional shearer and travel the east coast, tending to other fibered flocks, harvesting along my journey and using both that fiber along with my own to create our products, along with others that are locally resourced. Our award winning llamas and fleeces speak for the quality of the fiber we have to offer for the spinner’s and knitter’s delight. We welcome you to our farm and our home and look forward to sharing with you what we love to do and the animals that help us do it.
Farm Special events:
- Meet the animals that give us great fiber: llamas, alpacas, angora goats, sheep and angora rabbits for you to enjoy! Farm tours offered throughout the Crawl event
- Sat 10-12 and Sun 1-4 come see vet tech students on the farm working with our animals
- Sun 5-6pm Come and see what a llama lesson is all about!
- Spring is here and that means babies…..we might have a very special surprise in store for you!
Farm Store Special events:
- Come see our own exclusive line of rovings, yarns, patterns, notions and accessories. New yarns and other items just in!
- Spinning demonstrations
- Thurs 12-3 Come meet local knitwear designer and teacher Linda Unger. Designer pattern signing and featured yarns will be 10% off
- Fri 2-6pm Come and meet Rosemary Drysdale author of two books on Entrelac and knitting editor for Knit Simple Magazine. Designer pattern signing and featured yarns will be 10% off
- Sunday 12-2pm Come and meet local author Anne Canadeo of the best selling Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries. Free preview copies of her new book to the first 20 people! 15% off her books while supplies last
Light refreshments will be available throughout the event.