Knit is located in the historic village of Roslyn at 1353 Old Northern Blvd. The shop is a “hidden gem” nestled on the side porch of our building. Crafters are welcome to come and sit at our tables where new friendships are made and old friends get together. We like to call our store the “Cheers” of knitting stores, the place where everyone knows your name. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is always available to help you.
The first Wednesday of each month is Knit Nite from 7-9pm. Bring dinner and spend the evening knitting and crocheting with people who share your enthusiasm.
While Knit supports many charity projects, the one nearest and dearest to us is Precious Purls. Each year approximately 900 preemies are born at Winthrop Hospital. Precious Purls strives to provide each with a handmade hat and/or blanket. Working on an honor system, we provide free yarn for those who want to knit or crochet a hat or blanket to donate back to Precious Purls.
Yarn Crawl Highlights
- In addition to our sock scarf kits which were designed for the 2015 and 2016 crawl, our staff is busy creating new designs for this year’s crawl. We will be featuring our own patterns for ponchos and scarves in brand new kits for both knitters and crocheters.
- During the crawl, we are lucky to have three trunk shows from hand-dyers. We are happy to introduce Aptenoknit Yarns, dyed locally by Michael Dworjan. We are the only shop that will be carrying this yarn and it is a must see! Michael will be joining us on Saturday to talk about his inspirations.
- Neighborhood Fiber Company – a favorite of local fiber festivals and at our store – is sending us a fresh selection of yarn for the crawl. As the only shop on Long Island carrying Neighborhood Fiber Co, this is a great opportunity to see what the talk is about. Hint: We think it’s all about the gorgeous rich colors.
- Returning again this year, with some new surprises, is a trunk show from Holiday Yarns. We love the sneak peek we had at Vogue Live.
- We will also be hosting a Berroco trunk show highlighting some of their new Spring Yarns – Summer Silk and Mykenos. We love the new samples that have arrived. A old favorite from Berroco is back, Suede. We have a great new project and an old favorite made in Suede.
- Knit is excited to have The Queens County Farm Museum yarn during the Long Island Yarn Crawl. The fibers are sheared from animals on the farm and dyed naturally with crops grown on the farm. There is also some natural undyed yarn available for those of you who like to do your own dyeing.
Keeping with our yarn crawl tradition, we will be hosting a wine and cheese party on Friday night from 6:00 to 8:00pm. Stop by to unwind after a day of crawling.
Yarn Crawl Specials
The mystery KAL and CAL were designed with Mirasol Sulka Legato. Knit will be discounting this yarn and all Mirasol yarns 10 % during the crawl.
With every purchase of $75.00 or more, you will receive a special gift from Knit.