195 Love Lane
Mattituck, NY 11952
Hours for Yarn Crawl Weekend:
Thurs – 9am – 8pm
Friday – 9am – 6pm
Saturday – 9am – 6pm
Sunday – 9am – 4pm
Congratulations to Altman’s Door Prize Winners
Altman’s Needlearts is located on Love Lane in the heart of LI’s North Fork, in the midst of wine country. Our agricultural and maritime environment is beautiful, and reason alone to visit the area. But you might as well check out the yarn shop while you’re here… And enjoy the seven food & beverage establishments just on our block!
Our shop is stocked with quality yarns (both fashion and easy-care), hooks and needles, books and patterns, buttons, sewing notions, baskets and bags, and greeting cards, too. We also have needlefelting kits and supplies, as well as threads for needlepoint and embroidery. Lots of stitchery kits for beginners, too.
We offer knitting, crochet, sewing and needlework classes year-round for all ages, beginners and seasoned stitchers alike. We enjoy helping our customers find new projects, and will happily assist anyone with their project, whether it’s an ancient UFO or something brand new.
All are welcome to drop in to our free weekly gatherings on Mondays 10am-12pm and Thursdays 6-8pm. The Sock Circle meets the First Friday of every month 5:30-8:30pm. Every day at Altman’s you will meet talented and friendly people ready to share techniques and give encouragement with a smile.
We are looking forward to greeting you during the 3rd annual Long Island Yarn Crawl!
- Luma is The Fibre Co’s newest yarn. Introductory sale on Luma: 10% off 3 skeins or more, in stock and pre-orders. (Stone Point is their new summer poncho pattern for Luma, and this will be our spring KAL beginning in April.)
- New Evy Leonard mini crochet kits! 10% off on Saturday
- Buy two get one free of any OnLine Supersocke or Indulgence Cashmere Sock yarns
- Buy three get one free of any Cascade 220 Superwash, worsted or aran
- Discounts on selected yarns from Classic Elite, Sublime, Shibui, Fibre Co, and others
- Deep discounts on items in our bargain bin
- As always, we have kits for many of our model garments, some of our own design, and new ones are being prepared for release during the crawl. Special prices on kits during the crawl.
- Needlepoint Kits, up to 70% off. We will continue to stock blank canvas and fabrics for stitchery, but we are discontinuing large kits and painted canvases, so we have a few lovely items at great prices.
Take advantage or this chance to sign up early for our visiting teachers for spring. In order of appearance: Shiri Mor (April 8), Evy Leonard May 21, plus Simone Kereit, and Kathleen Dames. Susie Allen will be making multiple appearances through spring and summer.
THURSDAY 9-4 Debbie Johnson, the brilliant hand-dyer of Hampton Artistic Yarns, will be introducing her newest yarn and answering questions about her work. 10% off any of her products while she’s there. Mini skein collections, full skeins, and surprises included.
SATURDAY 9-4 Evy Leonard, color wizard and crocheter of the beautiful blankets and scarves you may have seen in the shop, will be showing her new blankets and introducing mini kits! 10% off her creations while she’s there.
SUNDAY 10-3 Kathleen Dames, prolific knitwear designer and podcaster, will be visiting with a trunk full of her knitted garments. She’ll be happy to chat and answer questions, especially about sweater knitting, her specialty!