1353 Old Northern Blvd.
Roslyn, NY 11576
Hours for Yarn Crawl Weekend:
Thursday – 10:30am to 8pm
Friday – 10:30am to 8pm
Saturday – 10:30am to 6pm
Sunday – 11am to 5pm
Knit is located in the historic village of Roslyn at 1353 Old Northern Blvd. The shop is a “hidden gem” nestled on the side porch of our building. Crafters are welcome to come and sit at our tables where new friendships are made and old friends get together. We like to call our store the “Cheers” of knitting stores, the place where everyone knows your name. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is always available to help you.
The first Wednesday of each month is Knit Nite from 7-9pm. Bring dinner and spend the evening knitting and crocheting with people who share your enthusiasm.
This year, we have started “The Shawl Club”. Every 4-6 weeks, we start a new shawl knit-along. Each one features a different yarn which gives you an opportunity to try something new. Our next featured shawl will be Architexture by Jennifer Weissman and we will be knitting it in Araucania Huasco Heathers. Pick up the yarn during the crawl and be ready when we start on May 4th and May 5th .
Yarn Crawl Highlights
- We have been very busy designing new pieces for this year. We have new store
patterns for both the knitter and the crocheter. We will be featuring new patterns
for hats, cowls and baby sweaters in brand new kits.
- During the crawl, we are lucky to have a new indie dyer trunk shows from Cozy
Colorworks. Sandy, the force behind the yarn, will be in the shop on Friday and
Saturday to talk with you.
- Have you seen Wollmeise Yarns from Germany? As the only shop on Long Island
carrying this yarn, it’s a great opportunity to see this beautiful yarn.
- Anne Canadeo, the author of Black Sheep & Company Mysteries will be at the shop on Saturday. Stop by and talk with her and your story might be in her next book. If you have a copy of one of her books, bring it along and she’ll be happy to sign it.
- Have you tried Lykke needles? We carry the full range of Lykke needles and hooks,
including all kits and extra cords.
- Keeping with our yarn crawl tradition, we will be hosting a wine and cheese party on Friday night from 6:00 to 8:00pm. Stop by to unwind after a day of crawling.
Yarn Crawl Specials
- Our store pattern for the yarn crawl is a baby blanket made with Ella Rae DK Merino Superwash and all Ella Rae yarns will be discounted 10 % during the crawl.
- We’ve restocked Nancy’s Nook with new sale merchandise so be sure to check it out.
- With every purchase of $75.00 or more, you will receive a special gift