80 South St.
Oyster Bay, NY 11771
Hours for Yarn Crawl Weekend:
Thursday – 11am – 7pm
Friday – 11am – 6pm
Saturday – 11am – 6pm
Sunday -12pm – 4pm
Congratulations to The Knitted Purl’s Door Prize Winners
Kate Strubing, Anne Grofin, Nora Bohl and Maria Merante!
The Knitted Purl’s 1500 square foot shop is located in the historic hamlet of Oyster Bay on the North Shore of Long Island. We offer current and aspiring knitters and crocheters a comprehensive assortment of yarns, needles, notions, patterns, books, and a comfortable, cozy space to learn, share, and collaborate.
You will find your basics and your specialty fibers at The Knitted Purl . . . some of our customer favorites are Zen Yarn Garden, Freia, Three Irish Girls, Lorna’s Laces, Mrs. Crosby, Shibui, Madeline Tosh, Koigu, and up-and-coming designers and hand dyers debuting harmonious color palettes and fiber sensibilities that are sure to excite! Our space was designed to inspire creativity, education and a shared passion for the fiber arts.
Yarn Crawl Fun and Fabulous Festivities
- KNITTED WIT Trunk Show: Come touch, feel, squish and drool over amazing samples and yarns in crazy-wonderful, hand-dyed colors from The Knitted Wit. Their fibers are insane!!! We are huge fans, and guarantee you will be too. You’ll want to “Knit the Rainbow” after you see it all.
- The Kitted Purl Nook – We are creating a new space at the shop in honor of the Yarn Crawl . . . come visit our “Kitted Purl Nook” filled to the brim with knit and crochet kits for all of our FAVORITE projects. Kits feature yarns from Three Irish Girls, The Knitted Wit, The Fiber Co., Koigu, Zen Yarn Garden, Cardiff Cashmere and more.
- Artyarns Trunk Show – We will also be the exclusive sellers of Artyarns luxury fibers, and will be featuring a plethora of amazing kits and designs by Iris Schreier. Come ogle over and try on the super yummy and luxurious pieces during your “crawling” adventure.
- Friday Night Lars Rains Book Signing and Trunk Show – Come meet award-winning knitwear designer LARS RAINS on Friday, March 31st from 6 – 7:30pm. Peruse all of his crazy-beautiful, modern Icelandic knitwear designs, his new book featuring quick and fun accessories (even have it signed!), and enjoy some little bites and bubbly delights! Click on this link to register.
Lars’ design work has been featured in Vogue Knitting, Knit Simple, Knit Edge, ChicagoKnits, and Knitty. Lars published his first book of Icelandic patterns, Modern Lopi: One, last year and received awards and acclaim on featured designs.
His latest book, Presto: 10 Accessory Projects You Can Knit In A Weekend, features designs that make use of super bulky yarns for quick, squishy and chic knits.
- Also enjoy 25% – 75% off select products throughout the store including Alchemy, Tahki, Misti, Classic Elite, Dream in Color, Berroco, Cascade, Lana Grossa and more!!